Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What a Weekend!

Well, it's Tuesday and I survived the Long Weekend! Yesterday was Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. Let me back up a little. Ron arrived on Thursday night to stay over. Then, I worked Friday and madly cleaned the house when I got home. Saturday, Jan, John, Jacquie and her son Garrett arrived for the day. We decided to give Jacquie our old Venture van because she has been without transportation for a little while, and with winter coming, she needed something. So, I had to clean out the van, etc. so that they could take it with them. We visited and hung out which was really nice, but it put me behind the eight-ball so-to-speak. I did all of the Thanksgiving Day prep on Saturday. Jason kept telling me to go to bed and do some in the morning, but I just felt that I should have everything ready the night before. We had originally decided to have dinner on Sunday at our place and invite Dad, Mary, Linda and family, and Ron. However, on Thursday night Dad called to see if it would be alright to invite Cameron (Ron's son) and his family. It was very exciting to have them come as Ron hadn't seen Cam in 18 years. I was thrilled to see them, but it was a little added pressure. Anyhow, luckily I got everything done the night before and had the house ready for dinner, because as soon as we drove in the drive-way Sunday after Stake Conference, Cam and the gang showed up. He has a beautiful wife and 5 kids...3 of which are triplets. Oh, and they are 11 months old and crawling!! Needless to say, the house was bustling and filled with little voices. The babies are absolutely adorable and we enjoyed every second they were here. It was emotional to see Ron reunited with Cam and getting to know his grandkids. I know that he has waited for this moment for a very long time. Just last month I fasted for Ron and one of the things I was praying for was that he would have a connection with his children again. I cannot imagine being estranged from my kids and not knowing them in their everyday lives. It was just a very busy, but a very special day for all of us.

Monday we did it all again with Jason's family. We ate way too much turkey and stuffing and pie, but we had a wonderful time. We marveled that we love spending time together as much as we do. I have been blessed with such wonderful families on both sides, and love how it feels to spend time with them.

PS. I have tons of pictures that I will post as soon as my &$%#@ computer lets me download them. Santa, are you listening??? I need a new computer!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

How I wished we lived closer! I wish our Thanksgiving was in October like yours. It just makes more sense.

What a wonderful reunion for all of you, and how kind of you to facilitate it. The thought of 11-month-old triplets--however cute--sort of makes me feel a headache coming on! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!! Please post!

charlotte said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could see you all so much more often than I do. I totally forgot that your Thanksgiving is in October--we're just gearing up for outs. I can't wait to go home!