Friday, December 19, 2008

D-E-C-E-M-B-E-R

The look on Josh's face about sums up how he felt about his Christmas Concert.

Josh and Gracie at home.

Josh just before his first Preschool Christmas Concert


Jason and I on my 40th birthday.
I love December. It breaks the bank, that's for sure...but it is such a great time filled with family and friends and my favorite color...RED! I love that our community still puts the "Christ" in "Christmas" and that the kids concerts were filled with wonderful carols and the Nativity. I love that there is snow on the ground and that I have a warm house to go home to. I love that I have friends and family to bake for and make things for. I love that my kids love Christmas and that they shake the presents and make very educated guesses as to what is inside the wrapping. I love that my husband is as excited for Christmas morning as the kids are.
I love that we have lots of plans for the holidays but I am hoping to just hanging out enjoying time with my funny little family watching movies and eating popcorn.
What a wonderful time of year!







2 comments:

Denise said...

Shut up. You did not just turn 40. And, btw, in 2009 I am reclaiming responsibility for sending birthday cards to Mark's family. I delegated the responsibility to him a number of years ago and don't think that has gone very well.

Ah--watching movies and eating popcorn! That describes a Colorado Wood family Christmas vacation to a tee.

Where did Josh get that darling curly hair?! What a cutie! That first photo reminds me of some of Charlotte and Emily in similar preschool programs with similar levels of enthusiasm.

I love Christmastime, too. This year has been a hectic one for me, but I think I'm about ready to start slowing down and popping the corn for tonight's movie.

charlotte said...

It is such a wonderful time of year! I would have commented on this earlier, but lately, every time I've clicked on the link to your blog, nothing comes up. . . . Huh.