Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer Recap


Where has the summer gone? I cannot believe that we are sending the kids back to school in less than 2 weeks. I have to admit that I really like the structure of the school year. I am not a summer person, and so I look forward to fall with great anticipation. It also doesn't help that I work during the summer. It makes the time fly by and I hate that my kids are home alone without me. We had Bee Hive camp for Katie. Scott went to Utah, Oklahoma, and Virginia with his dad and Inger, and I had "Moroni's Quest" with the Young Women. So, it was busy, busy, busy!! I think summer would be much more fun if I was a stay-at-home-mom with an unlimited budget. Yep! Then I would LOVE summer. But, as it is, we have tried to do some fun things with the kids. We went to "Willy's Cabin" in the community pasture with the Broadhead side of the family for about 5 days. It is beautiful there and the kids look forward to it every year. I'm including some pictures that we took while we were there.




No comments: