Wednesday, February 25, 2009

When did this happen??


I have decided to jump back on the bandwagon and try to lose some weight this year. I feel this way every spring, but I am choosing to start a little earlier, and I am feeling optimistic. I enjoy going on the treadmill and it seems like everyone in the household is wanting to eat a little better, so that is helpful. I can't tell Gracie that I'm trying to lose weight though, or she starts crying and tells me that she loves me just the way I am...whatever! What's all this "unconditional love" bologna!! Anyhow, I decided to keep a journal of my "journey" and I measured myself so that I could have my starting size. BIG mistake!! WHEN DID I BECOME SPONGE-BOB SQUARE PANTS! I used to have a small difference between my bust, waist and hip size. No longer! So scary!
So, here I go, trying to make my rectangular body into something that resembles a pear. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Mark said...

I'll cheer you on dear sister! Two years ago I applied for a new life insurance policy; the nurse came to the house for the physical exam and I weighed in at 250 lbs! Even though I had tried many times to lose all that extra weight I was never really serious about it, but that day was a turning point. Two years later, I am hovering around 205 lbs. I still have 10 to 15 to go, but I feel so much better! (My blue jeans are size 34 waist, my college size.)

It's taken a long time but it's been worth it. Don't ever hesitate to call for support and encouragement. I love you!

Denise said...

I'm ready to jump on the Weight Watchers bandwagon--I'm starting to feel a little lumpy in places. Mark is inspiring and makes me want to look and feel better, too.

Good luck in your quest (and for real, you're way cuter than Sponge Bob).