Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Joshua Glen!




Yesterday was Josh's 4th birthday. I cannot believe that my littlest is not a baby anymore. His birthday was a very busy day for all of us, but we managed to get in opening presents, going on a little shopping trip to Lethbridge, cake and ice-cream with family, and he was able to spend time with Grandma B while I went to Young Women's. (He sobbed this morning when he realized Grandma had gone home...how dare she?)

As I was driving to Lethbridge with him yesterday, I was watching him through the rear-view mirror and marveling that this wonderful little creature belongs to me. I often have this sensation when I look at my children. They are truly the greatest blessings and they push me to do better everyday.


I also thought about the journey we took to have Josh. 4 Miscarriages, 5 years of waiting, 280 injections of Fragmin, and 14 hours of labour. I knew that this boy would change our whole family, and he has.

So, this birthday was one of thankfulness for me. I am so thankful that I have 4 healthy children who love Jason and I and who love being a part of our family. They make me look at life differently and challenge me, and make my life whole.

At the end of the day, this picture of Josh about sums up how we all felt.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Happy Birthday to Josh! What a darling boy. I didn't realize you had such a long wait for him. Birthdays are the greatest, and I love the increase of love I feel for each of my children on their "special day."