Monday, November 23, 2009

November Recap

I absolutely cannot believe that it is almost December! I'm glad that we decided to decorate early this year because it seems that the Christmas Season is over before we realize it. We decorated the trees (one up and one down) two weeks ago and ended the evening watching "Elf". We all love that movie! I have been listening to Josh Groban's Christmas CD, which I love, and I picked up Hilary Weeks CD on the weekend. I noticed my co-worker giving me a sideways glance when he noticed that I was playing Christmas music at my desk today. Scrooge!

We had our Young Women in Excellence last night and I thought it was great. I really love my young women and I love seeing the good things that they are doing in their lives. I'm excited for next years theme. It's from Joshua 1:9- “Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest”. I want all of the girls to memorize this amazing scripture. I need to be reminded to be strong and of good courage!

We just got all of our family pictures back and I love, love, love them. We haven't ever had family pictures taken before, which I think is appalling. I have lots of photos of the kids together, but none with Jason and I. So, I'm glad I pushed through my fear of seeing myself in photo-form and had Shanna Bikman take our pictures. I love to sit in the chair in my living room and look at the beautiful family I have been blessed with. I am a lucky gal!
I really should be cleaning my house so that I can leave this week with a clean conscience. My friend Charlene and I are heading to Great Falls on Thursday for "Black Friday". I haven't attended this day of shopping madness before, so I am hoping that we make it through unscathed. Hopefully Charlene won't trample anyone and we won't get arrested. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Okay, I'm pretty sure you have the most beautiful family in the world! Those are fantastic photographs. I wanted to get a few family snapshots over Thanksgiving break while the girls were home, but we didn't manage to do so.

I hope the new theme, "Be strong and of a good courage" was helpful to you during your Black Friday foray. I wasn't strong or courageous enough to face it here.