Thursday, September 25, 2008

Food for Thought


OH MY! What a night! We had a "Young Women's Leader Night Out" tonight at the Movie Mill. We decided to go see the new Emma Smith movie before it left town. I knew that it wasn't going to be a comedy, but my goodness, I wasn't expecting the absolute sadness I felt as I watched it. It was such an incredible story about such an amazing, faithful woman. It was awesome to see the story through her eyes and feel the sadness and despair and hope that she experienced in her lifetime. I found it very hard to watch, but so inspiring. It gave me such perspective on my own life and the trials that I face. It made me want to endure to the end and it reiterated what I have always believed...that I belong to the only true church upon this earth. It was great to see the theatre filled with others who I assume feel the same way that I do. It was so hard to see her bury her little babies, one after the other. I thought about how my faith was tested during my miscarriages and how I wondered how much I would have to endure. It certainly made me think about what I am asked to face and if I face it well. All in all, it was a faith-promoting evening with great friends.

3 comments:

charlotte said...

I had no idea you had a blog!! I read your comment on Mom's and promptly found yours. Blogging is pretty much amazing, in my opinion. I'm so glad I now know you have a blog! Love you!

Denise said...

Hooray! Another family member I can link on my blog! I haven't joined the Facebook crowd, but I sure enjoy blogging and the way it connects me to friends and family--and fulfils the responsibility to keep a journal.

I was sad that I missed the Emma Smith movie when it was in town. I heard from some of my friends that it was really good. It sounds like it was not only a testimony-builder, but also a good dose of putting your own problems into perspective.

Denise said...

P.S.: LOVE the name of your blog!