Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Open Up!



I foolishly scheduled all four of my children at the dentist today to save driving into Lethbridge more than once. Well...I would have gladly paid the little extra for gas had I known that I was going to be there for THREE hours. Three hours to clean their teeth! I was referred to this dentist by my sis-in-law Karen, and he was wonderful, however, trying to keep Josh occupied by the lame dentist lego set was a bit of a challenge. I always find dentists stressful and I am trying hard not to pass on my phobia of the drills and the mouth full of flouride to my children. So far they seem to enjoy the whole process, which is good. Three of the four have been referred to the orthodontist. Great! And Scott has some pretty nasty wisdom teeth that need to be extracted. The good news is that we have double insurance, so in the end, it should all be covered. They did require that I pay for today's visit up front...which made me choke just a little. $1200.00 for 3 hours of work ain't bad! So that was my afternoon. Nothing too exciting, but necessary none the less.

3 comments:

charlotte said...

I am not a dentist fan, and three hours at the dentist sounds like no fun at all. At least you, yourself, didn't have to spend three hours in the dentist's chair.

Denise said...

Shut up. $1,200?????!! I am speechless! Our dentist is about 30 minutes away, and I try to schedule everyone at the same time for the same reason you do, but I'm almost always sorry when I do. By the end, Sarah and John are fighting, Emily's carsick, and Charlotte and I are grumpy. I need to get John into the orthodontist, but am procrastinating because of the expense.

Unknown said...

"$1200.00 for 3 hours of work ain't bad! So that was my afternoon. Nothing too exciting, but necessary none the less." and I voted the idea that"didn't have to spend three hours in the dentist's chair."