Monday, February 15, 2010


This week has been one to forget! I am feeling very whiny and very tired of being sick. I woke up with a congested chest about 2 weeks ago, and since that time it has morphed into strep throat and some weird swollen and red-faced ailment. My face felt like it was sun-burned for 2 days and then it became swollen and now it is peeling! WHAT THE HECK?? I usually get sick, take it easy for a day, and then I am back at it. This one has knocked me down and it really sucks! I admit that I am a little vain, and the peeling face isn't something that I am enjoying. I am hoping that I can get rid of this nastiness by the time I have to go back to work on Friday. In the meantime, I am going to try not to complain too much. I also realized today where I get my "compassion" for the sick from. My dad called at 8am to tell me that he was going to Arizona. After he berated me for not picking up the phone yesterday, I tried to explain that the reason I didn't get to the phone was that everyone else was at church and I was medicated and sleeping and trying to get better. He cut me off and said, "Well, we will be back in two weeks, so I'll try to call you then" OK? I love my dad but I believe I was raised to think that being sick was being weak. I have carried the torch of "Non-Compassion" well as I have also had very little tolerance for sickness in others. I do have sympathy for my kids when they are sick, but as Jason can tell, I do expect adults to "suck it up" and get on with things. Well, that's enough psycho-analysis for one morning. I will now get up and clean my house, because I am not weak...I am strong! Oh, that hurt!

1 comment:

Widenogginbloggin said...

That is a lovely picture of the strep virus. It would make a lovely wall hanging.