Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Somewhere Over the Rainbow



Last night I was trying to decide what kind of cupcakes to bake for Josh's birthday treat at preschool. I stumbled across Kaleigh's blog (www.kandknelson.blogspot.com) and discovered the most wonderful recipe website! It's www.ourbestbites.com and it is amazing! I can't wait to try all of the recipes.

Anyhow, Josh was watching me peruse this sight and took a fancy to some very bright rainbow cupcakes. I doubted that they would turn out anything like the picture on the website, but I was wrong. They are SO BRIGHT and very delicious. It is a little tedious at first to layer the colors, but once I saw how they were turning out, it became quite fun. The frosting that I made was also incredible. I'm not sure that food is supposed to be these colors, but I think the kids will love them.

Oh, and "Happy Birthday" to my big 5 year old boy! I will post more on that tomorrow.

Good night!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I confess I'm not a big fan of blue food, but those cupcakes look like just the thing for the five-year-old crowd. I like it when something actually turns out like the picture. What kind of frosting? It looks delish. Happy birthday to Josh!